1. there's nothing that a glass of wine and a bag of potato chips can't fix.
2. it's okay to wear all black. every day.
3. it's also okay to wear spongebob squarepants pajamas to bed.
4. when making chocolate chip cookies, always remember to buy the slice and bake kind. lord knows it's too difficult to make them from scratch.
5. when making chocolate chip cookies, always remember to turn the oven on.
6. when making chocolate chip cookies, always remember to set a timer, or they'll burn.
7. florida is pronounced "flah-ri-dah", orange is pronounced "ah-ringe".
8. when you have two daughters who constantly make fun of your new york accent, having the ability to laugh at yourself is crucial.
9. there's no point in stressing about things out of your control. see # 1.
|natasha and mom|
one thing i think my mom could learn from me: how to cook. frozen waffles and fish sticks don't really bring the words "culinary genius" to mind. like i said, she's no june cleaver. thankfully, i inherited my cooking skills from my dad.
1 package of soft corn tortillas
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can of corn, rinsed and drained
4 plum tomatoes
1 red onion
1 bunch cilantro
1 can enchilada sauce (red or green)
1 package shredded mexican cheese
fresh lime juice
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp olive oil
start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. in a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, diced red onion, cumin, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. pour mixture onto a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, until the onion is softened and the beans and corn get a bit crispy. once the mixture has been roasted, add in chopped cilantro and about half the bag of cheese. spoon mixture into tortillas, wrap tortillas and place in a lightly greased baking dish. pour enchilada sauce over tortillas, and top with the remaining cheese. bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. serve with sides of your choice: we had sliced avocado, sliced radish, extra lime, and shredded cabbage. devour these as fast as you can, then resume watching episodes of 30 rock until the wee hours of the morning (instant netflix = trouble)
|shout-out to drew's mom for my adorable apron!|
hope you like this post, mom. but for the safety of natasha and dad, please don't try to make these enchiladas.