4.09.2011

144

my recent spring fever post stirred up a strong desire within me to go shopping. lately i've been trying to quell my constant shopaholic urges in hopes of saving money for this upcoming summer. my hours in admissions will be reduced and i'll need a second job, but i'm not optimistic about my chances of finding one. ideally, i'd put my waitress and hostess experience to use, but portland is filled with people who have years of fine dining experience and come here to serve for a living. even more abysmal is my chance of getting a job as a barista. my experience consists of working in two coffee shops in connecticut, which in portland is the equivalent of someone who has had a sip of coffee before. plus, i never mastered "foam art".

i've also entertained the idea of working in retail (hire me, anthropologie?), but frankly, that is a terrible idea. mainly because i would spend my entire paycheck on store merchandise. and i have absolutely no retail experience. minor details.

despite my best efforts to save, i am powerless against a good deal. this became obvious today when i found myself handing over my credit card to the cashier at the j crew outlet. i ended up buying all of this...


...for $130.00! from left to right: floral cotton tube top dress that can also be converted to a long skirt, straw fedora, linen/cotton motorcycle jacket, white chino shorts, and a linen/cotton striped dress.

in my defense, i calculated what my total would have been without the sales and my student discount : $274.00. i saved $144.00, how could i pass that up? lauren's wardrobe: 1, summer savings: 0

i better start practicing my foam art skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment