- organize the millions of papers and articles i've accumulated over the school year.
- update my resume.
- donate the big bag of clothes that's been sitting in my closet for months.
- stop shopping so much (see above).
- yoga two-three times a week.
- try to make a little money via our ebay store + etsy.
- take advantage of the many farmer's markets for fresh produce and other treats.
- sign up for a fun class (art, photo, cooking) at the local community college.
- explore more of oregon (hikes, ocean, vineyards).
currently, i'm reading this and absolutely loving it.
next on my list is this book. it won the national book award in 2009. i'm two years late to the party, but i'll finally get to see what all the fuss is about.
today it's forecasted to be beautiful. we're going to a picnic in the park for jill's graduation. i'm bringing a yummy pasta salad + supplies to make mimosas!
summer pasta salad
1 lb. whole wheat elbow macaroni
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 jar of artichoke hearts in water, drained
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 small container of crumbled feta cheese
3/4 cup olive oil
big handful of salt
big handful of cracked pepper
juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
cook the pasta according to package directions, strain and let cool. quarter cherry tomatoes + artichoke hearts and place in a mixing bowl. add cannellini beans + chopped fresh basil. combine dressing ingredients and pour into mixing bowl. stir all ingredients before adding pasta.
i wouldn't recommend adding the feta in until right before you're going to serve it (not what i did, now it's a bit soggy... fail).